Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Things to be happy about

Today was like any other busy work day.  Get up way too early, late to work, the big boss shows up, you get the idea.  But in all the middle of that crap out came a beautiful chapter.  There is nothing like the feeling that your head is going to explode if you don't write down a thought when it comes to you.  I wonder how many of you carry around a pen and paper? I've been in many spots when I wished I'd had something to write with and didn't have anything with me only to have the thought lost by the time you want to sit down and write.  So take this advice.  Buy a .99 cent flip notepad and have a pen or pencil in your purse.  There are so many things around you everyday that you can jot down and keep for later use.  Like the gray haired lady in the grocery store picking up oranges and sniffing them only to put them back and sniff some more.  It's the little things that make a book colorful and great.  So, don't lose precious material like I have because I felt silly carrying around a notepad.  The things on that notepad might be your muse to the next great bestselling novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment