Friday, May 6, 2011

No news/contest info

Sorry guys, I've been sidetracked with a surprise 30th birthday party.  I've been pondering a lot about the book.  I've had several different thoughts come to mind, but I don't want to get carried away, it could totally throw a wrench in things. But, hey, I guess we've all been there. 

Still have 2 days left for the name contest. In case you haven't read about the contest I will let you know a little about it.  I am changing Em's dead boyfriends name from Brian to ?

He is the kind of guy that would have done anything for her, but mainly they were best friends and laughed all the time together  He's not much taller than her and his build is slender but defined.  He worked hard for everything he owned and now is on a quest to reunite with Em in another dimension.  He speaks to her, telling her things to do in preparation for the transformation that will happen to her so that they can be together again.  However, he does give Em questionable information. So, the person she thought he was, may have actually changed.  He's not evil, but he does have a side, somewhat unwanted, that she has not seen before.

I can't have any names beginning with "B" or "M" and it has to fit the person she knew and loved before he died.

Also another thing with the name contest was to give advice about Blake's sister's name. I am calling her Sams, but I don't know how that will appeal to an audiance, so I would like to know what you think of the name.  A little about Sams is that she is ultra fiesty and loves to antagonize Blake, however it usually comes back on her because Blake out wits her most of the time. She has many powers. I'm thinking she may be a witch although I was trying to avoid that.  The is petite with brown spikey hair with flaming red tips.  She dresses sort of goth, but is not goth.  Blake calls her a 'troll' with her messy hair and tiny features.  She breaks all the rules and can really get herself into trouble.

So, there you have it. If you want to enter the name contest email me at rjlynnbook@yahoo.com since I have not figured out a way for people to leave comments yet. (sometimes I hate technology)  If you win the contest, your name will appear on the acknowledgements page and you will also get a free copy of the book when it comes out sometime in November.

Well, good luck and I'll be checking to see if we have a winner in a few days. I will post the name chosen and the name of the winner to the contest if they so wish.





1 comment: